Salesforce Administration, What Does That Mean?
June 21, 2023
A Salesforce administrator is responsible for managing and maintaining the Salesforce platform within an organization. The Administrator role includes many responsibilities, including:
- User Management: Creating and managing user accounts, roles, and permissions within Salesforce.
- Data Management: Ensuring the accuracy, completeness, and consistency of data within Salesforce. This may include creating, updating, and deleting records, as well as running reports and dashboards.
- Customization: Configuring and customizing Salesforce to meet the needs of the organization. This may involve creating custom fields, objects, and page layouts, as well as developing custom workflows and automation.
- Integration: Integrating Salesforce with other systems, such as marketing automation platforms, customer support systems, and accounting software.
- Security: Ensuring the security and privacy of data within Salesforce by implementing appropriate security controls and policies.
- Training and Support: Providing training and support to users within the organization to help them effectively use Salesforce, and train additional administrators.
- Troubleshooter: Addressing user issues will be your responsibility. Fortunately, Salesforce does provide support. Note the level of support will depend on the agreement you sign with Salesforce. Additionally, the user forums on Trailhead provide another valuable support resource.